- Is the first day of 2014. But then you all know that. It seemed like a fine time to stop by ye olde blogge. Something about the new year got me thinking about blogging again*. Still not sure if I really want to, but I thought I’d at least write this one post. There’s a good chance it’ll be the only post I write this year.
- I started the day by running** 3 miles***. This was the view when we started. Not bad, eh?
- My running buddies and I then went out for coffee and I had a (non-fat, at least) Mexican Mocha. Totally defeats the purpose, but hey, you gotta ring in the New Year somehow, right?
- There was also mention of a half-marathon in my future. Eep (also – see end of post).
- HB and I took the beach cruiser bikes for a spin. We were going to go to Taco Temple for lunch (home of the best carrot cake in the entire universe…just ask OJ and she’ll confirm) but the wait there was ridiculous (isn’t everyone supposed to be starting diets or something??)**** so we ended up getting sandwiches at the local market instead. And we sat outside in the beautiful weather to eat them.
- We also stopped by the pond to say howdy to the ducks. I know…life is so exciting. How has the blogging world survived my absence?
- I have yet to pick up a book. I could work on finishing Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, but I’m at the point where he took the log out of the store, and I’m experiencing some anxiety over him being found out. And I don’t like it when books make me anxious. It usually results in me skipping to the end to make sure nothing really bad happens.
*Also, because I have NO record of what I read this year, other than the beginnings of a paper journal. Which means I have no memory of what I read this year. Although that Bernadette book was funny. And I really liked that book where the boy is bit by a snake. Fin & Lady was a bit of a let down, but I can only say that because I just read it last week. (See?? THIS is why I need to blog.) Oh, oh…and Dr. Sleep was fucking***** AWESOME. You should totally read it. If you haven’t already.
**Our running coach insists we are runners. Even though my runs currently consist of 2 minutes of running followed by a minute of walking. So, you know, I ran even though it was more of a run/walk. I’m all about full disclosure.
***So, yeah…running. Hard to believe, but I took a class called…wait for it…I Hate to Run. Is that not the best name ever?!? Doesn’t it just make you want to run? No? Well, it worked for me. The class is over, though, so we’ll see how it goes without Coach Debbie around to entertain us through the torture. Umm, I meant fun.
****And guess who still loves her parentheses?
*****And also still has a potty mouth.
And just so this post isn’t all me, me, me, I’ll end with wishing you all a fantabulous 2014!